Wednesday 18 April 2012

New CID Cosmetics mini review and swatches.

Hello once again gorgeous glitterati, I hope you're all well today :)

I've got something new to share with you today, from a brand I hadn't heard of before until this set appeared courtesy of my mum (Awwwwwww) - It's from New CID Cosmetics.

My mum is an avid QVC shopper and they have regular TSV's (today's special values) on various beauty brands, usually they're phenomenal value for money and you get a lot of things to try for your money. So my mum called me and asked if I'd heard of New CID Cosmetics, I hadn't but I was intrigued, so I tuned in that evening to QVC's live channel.

QVC had this amazing kit for sale for around the £30 mark including postage and I thought wow what a bargain, even more so when I checked out the New CID website here and discovered the set was actually worth well over £100! I'll add the pictures of the goodies, then explain what I think :



I need to add that you also get a mascara (i-flutter volumising and lengthening in black) in the set too which I haven't pictured as it was in my makeup bag at the time and hasn't moved from my makeup bag since. It's an amazing mascara, really does exactly what it says on the tube. The rest of the contents are as follows (left to right above) :
  • i-gel long wear eyeliner trio in emerald, indigo and midnight blue - This product also came with it's own application brush which is actually pretty useful. The eyeliners are heavily pigmented and dry down fairly quickly and do not budge. There's a little plastic seal on the top which keeps the product extra fresh and stops them drying out.
  • i-colour long wear cream eyeshadows in cobalt and purple quartz - These have a mousse like texture and dry down pretty quickly to a powder like finish. I've used these as liners, as a base and on their own and have had no issues whatsoever with creasing or fading.
  • i-kiss lip pencils in coral pink and raspberry rose - These are matte finish lip colours that can also be used as liners. Lovely and smooth and do not feel drying at all on my lips.
  • i-gloss in coral blossom - Lovely pigmented coral pink shade, not too sticky and the applicator has a built in light and mirror for easy application anywhere.
Overall I'm impressed with this kit, the value for money is second to none and the products are excellent quality too which is obviously the main thing we're looking for in a purchase. The kit is still available on QVC in 2 colour options, the multi (which I've got) and a black version which has darker eye shades and more neutral lips. The price is now up to £34 ish including postage which is clearly still a bargain, click here if you want to check it out.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on both the New CID cosmetics website and also on QVC, I really like this brand so far and I'd be very keen to try a few other bits and pieces such as their primers, foundations or blush shades and I'm even tempted by this kit in the black variant too :)

Have you ever tried anything from this brand, any recommendations?

Take care and love to all xox

4 comments:

  1. omg i LOVE qvc and swear by it!!! they have so many makeup brands on there and the deals are ridiculously amazing. great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome is QVC :) I get so much stuff from there at such great prices too.
      This was an amazing find. Thanks so much for following my blog Hunni :) x

      Delete
  2. i shout from the rooftops about QVC to whomever will listen! lol i always check there first... always. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i-glow is definitely on my list next :) I'm loving the i-colour longwear shadows at the minute, I want them in a tonne of shades.
    Thanks for that, I'll check out hairtrade x

    ReplyDelete